View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 10:46 AM   #5940 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm89 View Post
Oh no! best case it's a small fluid leak.
It's knocking pretty good. Definitely more than a small fluid leak. I'm hoping it's the PS pump. It could be the timing chain, too, which would piss me off since I was in there replacing the gallery gaskets not too long ago and decided against replacing the chain.

I dropped off a new oil filter yesterday - he's going to remove and cut open the one on there now just to check for any obvious metal particulates. Then he'll remove the belt and check to see if the noise is from the engine or one of the accessories driven by the belt.

Went to look at vehicles and got my financing in order yesterday. Right now I'm staring down an RX350 with 43K miles for $26K.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote