View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 06:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
wheelspeed
Base Member

Drives: Motorcycles
wheelspeed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkawas View Post
Base Caymans are awesome cars, very balanced, however the Z Sport or Nismo give it a really good run for the money. Just get better and bigger tires and you can really make Caymans ashamed on the track.
Cayman GTS is a surprisingly good car, GT4 is one of the best cars i've driven and worth every cent. Both on the expensive side though.

Camaro 1LE is a great car but its on another league, never driven one though.

C7s Corvettes, again on another level, sometimes scare the sh*t out of you and thats cool, but not for everyone. Stingrays are drivable, Z06 needs good hands and ZR1 is just mindblowingly fast and scary to drive.

BRZ are fun to throw around but are way underpowered. I personally got annoyed after a few minutes driving it.

that being said, have you considered a manual BMW M2?
Interesting feedback. I'm definitely not looking to spend over about $60k, tops. Even 60k feels silly to me for my 4.5 mile drive to work that I never get over about 50mph. You mentioned a couple cars are "on a different level". I get that but it's okay as long as they're also fun to throw around. Yes, I liked the M2 when it came out. Still think they're cool but I just don't trust BMWs any more. I feel their reliability went downhill around mid 2000's. I had a few mid 80's 325s and even a '90 e30 M3... bought all of them with at least 140,000 miles on them and kept one 325 to over 300,000 miles. Those straight 6s of the old 325s just went forever. Those cars are where I learned that good-handling cars on weak tires are a hell of a lotta fun. They're like go-karts. Back to current... I didn't think about a new M2. But I don't know about $60k... I feel like $30k - 50k is the sweet spot. I'd think about a new 400Z also, but don't really want to wait until August. Crazy that '18 or '19 370Z prices right now are near what a 400Z will be. That's frustrating also.
wheelspeed is offline   Reply With Quote