View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 09:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Shoeshear
Base Member

Drives: '15 370z Sport MT
Shoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got the car aligned. No wonder the car drove like crap, had 1.15 toe in the rear...

New alignment:
Front: -2.55 camber, +6.53 caster. +.01 toe
Rear -2.00 camber, +.06 toe on each side, +.12 toe total.

Based on other people's setups, I think this will end up being too much - camber in and + toe in the rear, but we'll see. Like an idiot, I didn't buy end links for the front and rear, so couldn't get corner balanced.

Ride height also still has too much rake, exact same ride height as before (I thought they'd set at corner balance, but no CB for me...) To get the wheels to fit without rubbing, will probably plan to raise a .25" in the front and drop .5" in the rear.

On the positive side, I'll be moving to a house with a garage soon. Finally can work on the car in peace. June can't come quickly enough.

Edit:

I forgot to add the tire murder that happened at my last track day (stock suspension, stock alignment). I guess this is what happens when you aren't running enough camber for the track. Absolutely decimated the outer tread on the tire and it started to chunk and I could see cord. I had my tire pressure higher than the previous track day and the ambient temps were colder, so I'm not sure that contributed (but I'm not an expert).

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

Last edited by Shoeshear; 04-05-2022 at 12:36 AM.
Shoeshear is offline   Reply With Quote