View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 08:22 PM   #45 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by husam2012 View Post
IMO the stock exhaust is a disgrace for this car. The Maxima exhaust sounds better.

My favorite exhaust would have to be the stock G37 coupe exhaust or even the FX35s. That actually sounds good stock, not the 370Z at all.
If you like the OE tone but it's not loud enough I suggest adding the Megan Racing axle back to the OE system. Plug and play to oe hardware and emits louder volume but definitely not obnoxious. No rasp ever, no drone, almost silent at idle but wakes up when you demand it. I've had mine for 5 years and is as shiny as day 1, zero weld failures nor rust.

I've since modded the remainder of the exhaust other than the OE silencers to include HFC's, and an ebay special H-pipe as my OE flex sections were leaking. With those 2 additions it simply made the same tone louder but not obnoxious and I don't wake the neighbors driving easy into the neighborhood.

We're all in the same hobby for different reasons. I prefer to travel under the radar at 45 years old; needing my drivers license for my career. I've done the full open exhausts, extremally dumped wastegates, whiney blowers, whistling blowoff valves, long tube headers etc. I guess you can saw some of us older enthusiasts got it out of our system. Hell I'm thrilled with he OE suspension coming from a 'Stang.

Now get off my lawn!