Thread: 5th bow bungee
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 07:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
10MPlayer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: your mama wild.
10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by egemme View Post
Hi,

I don't know if any has seen it but there is a parallel thread in this forum with some insights about installing the latest 5th row bungee build part #971F6-1ET2A

DIY 5th Bow Bungee kit 971F6-1ET2A Install

There's a link to the NHTSA WebSite to get the instructions.

Got a little affraid of all these steps though. Here's what I'm in process to do and this may interrest canadian fellows reading.

In Canada, Nissan Dealership sells this part 1250$ CAD including our beloved taxes, dealership workshop quoted 4 hours to install them, figure another 400$ CAD to install the somewhat ackward rubber bands. Scandalous.

So I turned around and ordered the same sku on US website I won't publish here but you can figure out that most sites containing the words "Nissan" and "Parts" are US dealerships selling online and shipping within 2-3 days. The cost, including currency conversion, transport, tax and duties: 235$ CAD. 1/4 the price, 4 times scandalous.

I contacted a local independant garage who kindly accepted to install the bungee kit for me though he's not selling the part. Otherwise, he would have no choices but get the pricey Canadian OEM version because no jobber version exists. The delivery is due tomorrow so I will post the rest of the story shortly.

Stay tuned
Wow, I wish I'd gotten around to buying the part pre-Bidenflation. Now it's $396 and there's no information to be found whether it will fit my car or not. It's a freaking bundle of rubber bands and they want $400US for it - AND I have to install it myself because the dealership gave me the "deer in the headlights" look when I went in to buy the part. If they can't find the part in their system how can I expect anyone to know how to install it?

Apparently, I have to buy it online and install it myself. There was a time when I was a pretty competent mechanic but I'm in my 70s now and I really don't want to do the contortionism I will have to do to install this kit. Even if I choose to dump the car and buy something not so **cked up I'll still need to fix it before I can sell it in good conscience. Not looking forward to it.

Last edited by 10MPlayer; 03-23-2022 at 07:44 PM.
10MPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote