Thread: Reliability
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercarol View Post
My wife has a 2011 370z that she uses a daily driver. It has 70,000 miles and had not given us any problems. It gets 24-25 mpg and uses no oil between changes. The only complaint is that tires last only 30-34,000 miles.
What has your experience been? Is is going to implode soon? From the videos, it appears that they have all been abused.
FYI, 370z's engine, chassis, suspension components, infotainment system...are all shared with G37 coupe and sedans, the FX37/QX70, and the M37/Q70. There are plenty of them running around as daily drivers, plenty reliable.

In a world where I really have heard people said "My Audi/Bimmer/Benz has been a rock solid, hasn't let me down yet...It's a 2020 15k miles, starts every morning, blah blah".... same people that also know better, surely to rid of the said car during the last leg of the factory warranties...

My 2010 G sedan, stock 7at, bought in 2012 @ 18k miles. Only "problems" I've had were:

- 35k miles: Idle wouldn't hold, engine would die, remedied by cleaning the throttle bodies. Rear diff bushing blown, replaced with Whiteline.

- 72k miles (now): noticed some wetness at the bottom of the steering rack, not enough to form drips yet. One of the pulleys is making some noise on cold damp mornings.

So it's worked faithfully during my ownership.

Beat on it, slam gears, kicking clutches, things wear out quick and those 2nd/3rd/4th hand owners that are barely older than the car itself will cry foul.