View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 10:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
MotorvateDIY
Base Member

Drives: G37 Sport
MotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPz34 View Post
Really enjoying seeing your progress on this project! Just to clarify, engine oil pressure is NOT on the CAN bus, right? Just a low oil pressure switch. Which aftermarket oil pressure sensor are you using that can send data to the bluetooth sensor server?
I'm glad you have been following the progress. It has evolved into much more than I expected when I first started on it just over a year ago.

Correct, engine oil pressure is not on the CAN bus.

I am using a 150 PSI Honeywell PX3 pressure sensor for oil pressure and a 100 PSI PX3 for fuel pressure.

The Bluetooth sensor server will work with any 5v, 3 wire pressure sensor. They typically output 0.5 volts at 0 psi and 4.5 volts at the max rated pressure.
It does the analog to digital conversion, applies the scale and offset, then sends the data out via Bluetooth.
MotorvateDIY is offline   Reply With Quote