View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 10:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
Pretty serious about it. I have some cash stowed away ready to throw at either building the Z more, so I can hit my goal of mid 9s,or sell Z and build new platform. I love the Z, but I don't want it to be to unusable if I can hit my target.

Also, if I am able to hit my goal, I would hope that the motor does not need a rebuild after each few passes, that would be a head ache to deal with too. So I want it to be able to handle the abuse, few pulls on a strip, then the rest on the streets on the weekends without worrying too much about the motor letting go.
All I can say is wait. One car is being put together now with an auto and he is a drag racer. Me, not so much at all. Wait and see how his car does. You will be dropping 50 to 60k for sure. Not going to lie, it is damn hard to get these things to live. The trans is the problem. Auto or manual. They both suck. Then, head lift. As was stated above, you will be fighting a loosing battle and developing the car on your own which is not cheap. I am trying to figure out what I am going to do myself. A VR38 swap is sounding good right now. The problem is I have to start over. Not sure if I am willing to do that.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote