View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 08:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
MotorvateDIY
Base Member

Drives: G37 Sport
MotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOPOS View Post
I'd need to know a bit more about the project to be sure it's even feasible, but a pi3 can fastboot in about 2-3 seconds. I guess I assumed based on the form factor that is what you were using here to run the front end display, but I need to go back and read your other posts.
I am using a $8 ESP-32 micro controller to read the CAN bus, read the Bluetooth data, and drive the LCD display. It is quite the powerhouse!!

Two of the initial design goals was to be affordable and instant start up.

Down the road, I will be looking at using a pi as that will make it easy to drive a larger display. For now, I am focusing on a small (easier to place on the dash) display.

The most difficult and time consuming part of this project has been reverse engineering the CAN bus on multiple Nissan/Infiniti vehicles (like 370, G37, M56, Q50, etc) This is the only way to know if the gauges will work, or what to change in the code so they do work.
MotorvateDIY is offline   Reply With Quote