View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 07:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
DaveZ03
Base Member

Drives: '11 FairladyZ
DaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
Pretty serious about it. I have some cash stowed away ready to throw at either building the Z more, so I can hit my goal of mid 9s,or sell Z and build new platform. I love the Z, but I don't want it to be to unusable if I can hit my target.

Also, if I am able to hit my goal, I would hope that the motor does not need a rebuild after each few passes, that would be a head ache to deal with too. So I want it to be able to handle the abuse, few pulls on a strip, then the rest on the streets on the weekends without worrying too much about the motor letting go.
The money you will have invested into this platform to get to your mentioned goals both power wise, with reliability goals isn't gonna be worth it. The motor will be on the razors edge and something WILL go wrong eventually. Ask Spooler, who's went down this rabbit hole. Two things to note about if you choose to go down this path, be prepared to do A TON of research to educate yourself and plan ahead for the eventual next step. Two, and this is a big one, you WILL PAY for proprietary information. There are a handful of guys who have sunk $$$ into this goal, with "secret" information discovered/developed through their builds to get them somewhat "reliable". Cost of pushing the envelope and this information WILL NOT be given freely. You have to remember, this is a mass produced car with a mass produced engine. Can it be done, sure, there are a handful of guys who have gone into the "dark side of the moon", but most are lost to the void these days.

For your end goals, sell the car, get a R35 GTR (or whatever platform you deem appropriate for your goals AND can handle the abuse), kill tires and park it. Rinse and Repeat.
DaveZ03 is online now   Reply With Quote