View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 03:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
SeeThruHead
Track Member

Drives: Red '18 Sport Manual
SeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond repute

Why would your seibon hood fly away? Doesn't it latch in the same way as the oem?
Is the seibon hood even much lighter than the oem alu hood?

I always thought the point of the seibon hood over some other hoods is that it uses the oem latching mechanism.

One thing that could look alright. If you get two long black buttonhead cap screws. drill two tiny holes in the hood. place a receiver thread somewhere in the engine bay. (maybe a tapped block of alu, more thread = more holding force) Glue a hard plastic tube to the underside of the hood (to help you get the right angle for the bolts) And just bolt it down. I bet you wouldn't even notice two black buttonhead cap screws. Maybe a little annoying to open the hood but you should have a multitool in your glove compartment anyway.

EDIT: maybe the receiver could be a threaded insert installed somewhere in the engine bay.

Last edited by SeeThruHead; 03-14-2022 at 04:20 PM.
SeeThruHead is offline   Reply With Quote