View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 11:46 AM   #5892 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
I think the fit is almost perfect on both sides. The front may have a slightly larger gap than the OEM hood, but it doesn't bother me.

I got back back from work and attempted to install the aerocatch hood pins...I just couldn't do it lol I couldn't get my self to cut through the hood. It fits so well and secure with all three OEM hooks w/o any extra pressure compared to closing the OEM hood. I opened and closed the hood like 20 times double checking everything and it seems solid - no play or wiggle.

The other thing I was reading about was applying heat reflective material on the underside of the hood. I know you said you experienced additional warping of the hood. Did you apply this? My only concern is, wouldn't the heat just be reflected back to the engine...
I did not apply it. The heat would def be reflected to the motor, and the idea behind heat reflective is so that the CF gel coat doesnt turn color. The warpage occurred at the front of the hood.