View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
SeeThruHead
Track Member

Drives: Red '18 Sport Manual
SeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think you need a 370z gauge cluster to test this. Just needs to be the proper diameter circle to fit over the lcd screen. I can measure mine. And since i'm near you if you want to test a fit you can test it on mine. I have some 3d printers here to make a mounting plate maybe if that would help (once i figure out how to use them).

If you covered the entire area of the circle in the cluster you'd have to reimplement the status leds in software (do you have all that data via can?)

or the screen could just cover the inner portion and leave the status leds outer ring visible.

as for the thread thing. there's nothing to do. just post your updates in this thread as new posts. everytime a new post happens the thread rises to the top so it won't get lost.

If you want to update the first post with detail you just click the edit button on it.

usually people will keep the original content of the first post and put their edits either on top or on bottom. you can link to other posts with updates kind of like a table of contents.

also it might be nice to find the other threads you made and add links to them in the first post. so people following this thread know that there are other (buried) thread related to the project.

also i don't think many people view forums by "new thread" it's usually by new posts. at least for daily consumption. that's why there's a new posts button. (that's what i imagine most people use on this forum). so whenever you add a new post your thread will rise to the top for people to read the update. (basically how forums have always worked. I've been following some threads for years and year on this and other forums. splitting it into multiple thread makes things much harder to follow)

Last edited by SeeThruHead; 03-14-2022 at 10:25 AM.
SeeThruHead is offline   Reply With Quote