View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 08:51 PM   #5887 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I know every batch is a little different due to the molds and that it is rarely a perfect fit. I think that's part of the risk you take with these aftermarket carbon fiber hoods and being OK with the fitment. Fortunately for me, after playing with the hinges, bolts, and positioning, it fits pretty damn good. I'm very happy with it, I'm just hesitant on putting holes in it to use the hood pins I bought. I reused the factory hood hooks and everything seems to work just fine, but I've seen those videos where the hoods fly off the car SMH. Also, the instructions say to get it cleared again. I'm hoping applying PPF and ceramic coating will work in place of that, or even be better. Let me know if anyone has thoughts on this, please.
I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Did you try playing with the fitment?
I think the fit is almost perfect on both sides. The front may have a slightly larger gap than the OEM hood, but it doesn't bother me.

I got back back from work and attempted to install the aerocatch hood pins...I just couldn't do it lol I couldn't get my self to cut through the hood. It fits so well and secure with all three OEM hooks w/o any extra pressure compared to closing the OEM hood. I opened and closed the hood like 20 times double checking everything and it seems solid - no play or wiggle.

The other thing I was reading about was applying heat reflective material on the underside of the hood. I know you said you experienced additional warping of the hood. Did you apply this? My only concern is, wouldn't the heat just be reflected back to the engine...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (72.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Capture1.jpg (72.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by babyzilla; 03-11-2022 at 08:55 PM.
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote