View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 09:05 PM   #5881 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I know every batch is a little different due to the molds and that it is rarely a perfect fit. I think that's part of the risk you take with these aftermarket carbon fiber hoods and being OK with the fitment. Fortunately for me, after playing with the hinges, bolts, and positioning, it fits pretty damn good. I'm very happy with it, I'm just hesitant on putting holes in it to use the hood pins I bought. I reused the factory hood hooks and everything seems to work just fine, but I've seen those videos where the hoods fly off the car SMH. Also, the instructions say to get it cleared again. I'm hoping applying PPF and ceramic coating will work in place of that, or even be better. Let me know if anyone has thoughts on this, please.
I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Did you try playing with the fitment?
Played with fitment all day. Issue is the hood actually curves in on the side by the battery compartment.

I put in Aerocatch pins. Utter PITA to install (about as bad as putting the trans back in alone with the Z on a quikjack) but ended up working well.

What was unfortunate was the hood started warping due to engine heat so the gap between hood and bumper is noticeably worse than stock. And I put the OEM rubbers back in