Thread: Stillen SC ?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
14Q60awdSPORT
Base Member

Drives: 14 Q60 awd SPORT
14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averying View Post
The reason that the Stillen kit has been labeled as unreliable is not because of the power that it produces, but rather the design itself being flawed. This thread (Before Installing Stillen Supercharger) goes over the issues. Basically MAF before intercooler = bad.

I’m sure the unreliability is hyped up a bit since people are less likely to report good results than to bash it if they have a problem. But Bottom line.. there are better options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most people trash the kit because it does not make a lot of power and requires a lot of modifications to the kit like A2A conversion to make some real power. And if your goal was power I’d recommend the topgunz rotrex kit (which I have myself)

The MAF location is a concern but on the carb tune it is accounted for in the tune and the boost levels and subsequent heat are much lower so the concern in this case is minimal.

Op is looking for a conservative safe setup to presumably add just a little over FBO NA levels and not push it. The stillen carb seems to fit the bill, at about 370-400whp. Most people want and expect more. It’s easy to get greedy or have unrealistic expectations and then the stillen falls short requiring you to spend a lot to fix it it to make closure to 500whp+ like most people really want to satisfy.

He didn’t mention budget or his DIY capabilities, but IAT relocation isn’t that hard, adding WMI isn’t difficult and would bring IAT down much closer to pre blower temps IAT was reading if he didn’t relocate. but on carb setup I don’t think it’s a huge deal.
14Q60awdSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote