View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
DrBacon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo
DrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTracker View Post
On my 07 Nismo, I went through a set of FI HFC's in a single year with the OE Stillen supercharger set up. I use Sebastian @SpecialtyZ on tuning. The OE Stillen setup is so just problematic and I had to stay on the richer side because of the MAFs being before the blower. Being rich is basically how my first set of FI HFC's went. Lol.. a WOT pull one day, a pop.. then massive hole in those. I put the stock cats on and wasn't long afterwards that those went.

I'm now on my 2nd year with Topgunz A-A upgrade after 15+ sessions with Seb and have not had any issues with Cats. I'm running stock cats with a Motordyne TDX, down sized pulley and Zspeed clutch set up. I love the gains on TopGunz kit and my A/F is more predictable. I went from 338wHP to 450wHP with the new set up. Problem is that my IAT's get high and I see knock and it pulls timing. (probably because the stock cats are a restriction now).

HFC's on the Motordyne was very loud. I actually enjoyed the sound with stock cats, but IATs. ART pipes seem to be the go to with the supercharger. Sebastian gave me a tip to move the cats further down if TP's were too loud, So.. thus this the changes. Won't be able to run it until the spring though.... my Nismo's are hibernating
The original topgunz kit? The intercooler in that kit is unfortunately trash, I was seeing IATs at 142+ degrees from a single pull when ambient was around 80. I swapped over to soho's intercooler and it helped significantly.

Edit: Here's a video of a pull with sohos intercooler, IAT's still obviously climb decently well but it's still no where near as bad as before with near same ambient: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJHfLymEaLw

Last edited by DrBacon; 03-03-2022 at 02:02 PM.
DrBacon is offline   Reply With Quote