View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 10:29 PM   #150 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
That solves the cleaning of the oil cooler. Won't solve a blown turbo, oil in exhaust and oil in intercooler piping and intercooler. The fact you added a filter is good, but also eludes to the fact you're anticipating a failure or you wouldn't need to do it.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. Just my personal preference but I'd rather have a system that's drown-proofed six ways to Sunday and time-tested as opposed to some new nano-space grease that COMP made up to get around the plumbing, cost, and fitment issues inherent in oil-lubed and water-cooled TCs. and IIRC other members whose oilless COMP TCs catastrophically failed on them had a fair amount of shrapnel in their piping and ICs. But it all depends on a personal level of comfort I suppose..