View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 10:22 PM   #148 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
Gonna have to disagree with you on that one buddy. There are always naysayers but the people who are invested in the forum and the 370Z do a pretty good job repping what is good as well as calling out what is not good. I totally understand how as a supplier you focus on the bad reviews as that has a negative business effect.

But those chiming in about the sweaty dumpster fire that is COMP turbo are those invested people I just mentioned. As an example, we pulled apart my busted (after 882 miles) COMP turbo at a Z meetup.

The gents who did so were physically present when humans first figured out that fire could make steam, and that it was good.

They determined that COMP forgot to grease the turbo before shipping it. That is an example of their shoddy manufacturing that should rightfully be called out.

As for the oil lines for the TC, first thing I and others (not gonna name names without their permission) did when replacing our busted COMPs was add filters to the oil lines to and from the turbo. Solves that metal fragment issue nicely.

That solves the cleaning of the oil cooler. Won't solve a blown turbo, oil in exhaust and oil in intercooler piping and intercooler. The fact you added a filter is good, but also eludes to the fact you're anticipating a failure or you wouldn't need to do it.