View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 09:06 PM   #146 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

My scavenge pump stopped working in the first 500 miles so I disagree on the oil fed turbos. Guess what happens when you tie a turbo to the oil pan and that happens? Blown turbo, oil in intake and oil in exhaust, contaminated oil system, oil cooler, engine, etc. This was possibly install error as I popped a fuse in the pump line but it happened and it was a big job. If an oiless turbo has a problem then you have a minor problem. Ill take that over oil lines every day. Been there done that.
Everyone vocalizes their experience when they aren't happy but few chime in when they are satisfied. That's why Amazon pays people to actually reply with something positive.

Perhaps I'm biased since I have been on my 6.2L F150 Comp oiless for over 35k miles and it still rips around like day one and I abuse the turbo on many accounts. I tow a camper in the summer and an ice castle in the winters. I tend to plant the throttle for sub par reasons to put a smile on my face more than I should. I don't even oil it as often as i should because I'm looking for an excuse to upgrade but it just keeps living. Perhaps it's because it's a water cooled turbo vs pure air cooled but I'm going to an air cooled if it ever $hitz the bed on me.

Last edited by TopgunZ; 02-27-2022 at 09:53 PM.
TopgunZ is offline   Reply With Quote