View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 11:44 AM   #102 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
BBC -Sebastian Vettel says the Russian Grand Prix should be cancelled - and he will not be there if the race goes ahead.

The page selling tickets for the event has disappeared from the official F1 website, and one promoting the Turkish Grand Prix has appeared.

This has led to speculation that the race will be cancelled and replaced by one at Turkey's Istanbul Park.

AutoSport -Vettel: “For myself, my own opinion is I should not go, I will not go. I think it’s wrong to race in that country. I’m sorry for the people, innocent people who are losing their lives, getting killed for stupid reasons under a very strange and mad leadership.

“I’m sure it’s something we will talk about, but as I said as GPDA, we haven’t come together yet.”

Vettel added that “my decision is already made” on the matter.
Without turning this into a political debate, I suspect that FOM, owned by US Liberty, won't be able due to sanctions to support anything Russian for quite some time.

Sad day - our thoughts ought to be elsewhere. But maybe F1 testing is a much-needed diversion for those of us not running for cover this afternoon.

EDIT - I just went on the F1 site and the Russian GP ticket pre-sales page is still there. So I don't know what BBC is talking about. It's an easy thing to verify

Last edited by ZCanadian; 02-24-2022 at 11:59 AM.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote