View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
This is what Tesla did.

Shopping for a new vehicle sucks. Some dealers are adding what they call "market adjustments". Ford dealers are great at this. Tacking as much as $15,000 onto the price of new Bronco's. Seen as much as $30,000 on a Mustang FT500.
Yes, Tesla was probably the first manufacturer to do this and honestly I haven't heard any complaints. People are fine with paying what they believe to be a fair price because everyone is paying the same price - it just makes sense. Don't like the price or can't afford it? Find another car. I'm sure all these other electric vehicle manufacturers that are due to come to the market soon will follow the same suit.

Don't get me started on Ford and GM. They were "threatening" their dealers to get rid off the markups by cutting off their ordering power. Why? Because apparently it was hurting their stock prices and bottom line. Otherwise they wouldn't give a crap. As far as I know, Ford and GM hasn't done a thing and their dealers are still charging markup.

Here's another thing I realized. All these dealerships are blaming the chip shortage and supply chain issues, but they are strategically placing their markups on the cars that have a high sale volume. Hypocrisy.
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote