Thread: Ppf
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 06:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

I do. Is it required? As in - will the car operate without a plastic film over the body of the car? Lol that's your call.

The Z has a slanted front, so unlike most cars where only the bumper is mainly exposed to rock chips, the Z's hood is just as exposed. Not only that, the Z has wide fenders, so they are exposed too.

Some people don't care. Some people care, but aren't bothered enough by it and just want to enjoy the car. Others want to pamper it as much as possible. If you had actually used the search function or even researched on Google, you would have already read every possible answer because this topic is as subjective as it gets.

I DD my car for 50k miles without ppf. The front got pretty banged up. I had the bumper repainted and ordered a new hood. I installed PPF right after. Keep in mind if you get anything repainted and want to install ppf, you have to wait at least 30 days for the outgas process. Does the ppf help? Absolutely. Will it be the end all be all? No.

I see you have a 2013. Ppf alone is expensive, but if you don't apply it when the car is new, it becomes a pretty expensive project. You won't be able to apply it onto rock chip/scratch infested body parts. You need a clean smooth surface.
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote