View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 12:55 AM   #36 (permalink)
2.2Lude
Base Member

Drives: 12 Infiniti G37s 6MT
2.2Lude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by street2soul View Post
Before you go down the spring/damper rabbithole, consider this a try:

For the mid corner snap oversteer, it appears to me your roll center may be too low, if your car is lowered especially in the rear. Car is transitioning to a sudden snap at the grip threshold because your rear rolls too suddenly and is not controlled. You may need to raise back the rear ride height and it will most likely improve rear slip consistency and improve snap oversteer

To me, it appears that for T1 corner, the oversteer is coming from trail braking not bleeding off enough while you're at full lock. I'm sure if roll center is your issue, that is contributing it to the oversteer happening at full lock while you are trailing off the brakes
I'm hoping this isn't an issue, I haven't had time to check rear travel either though. The main reason I hope it's not the roll center going Infinite is that would mean I need to start swapping Coilovers.

While not completely averse to it, I'd like to try and stay with my current set up if at all possible. The rear is at the Coilovers max allowable height and only a .8" drop from factory height with a 9k spring rate.
2.2Lude is offline   Reply With Quote