View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 01:02 AM   #43 (permalink)
MacKaris
Base Member

Drives: '13 370Z
MacKaris is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Now having the same issue myself. I'm driving what I THOUGHT was a 2013 370Z Coupe, but I'm not sure when it was actually built since it evidently still has that steering lock which has now failed.

I just hit 66 666 km on it (which could be the reason, hehe), and actually it failed the first time already a couple of weeks ago. Took it to a Nissan dealer and they had apparently never seen anything like this, but said it was apparently some electrical grounding issue in the steering wheel lock control unit(?). They did some shady fix on it without actually changing any parts, but warned that since they didn't know what the root cause was, it could fail again and then it's probably best to the change the whole unit. And sure enough it did fail on Saturday, and had to be towed for a 100km. Glad that was at least covered by the Nissan Road Assistance or whatever it's called.

So I guess I'll try to argue the official recall in order to try and avoid paying for the repair myself? Anyone else had this issue recently? Were you successful in avoiding to pay the costs yourself? I'm Finland, and the 370Zs are exceedingly rare here, I got mine second hand 2 years ago, and I've seen like TWO other 370Z on the roads since then.
MacKaris is offline   Reply With Quote