View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 09:17 AM   #842 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Two videos ago you saw that I was putting legs on the cubby mount. Well, here's why. I needed perfect fitment for a mold. The cubby mount needed additional cleanup because my painter buddy cleaned up only the front face, understandably why. I did high build primer twice and epoxy primer twice. The cubby was then wet sanded 1000 -> 2500. All that was done in my garage when it was about 20deg. It sucked. As soon as I could bring the cubby into the house to dry out, I did.

After the cleanup I needed to expose only the A side of the mold. That is done by building everything up on the back side of the cubby with molding clay. Let me tell you this if you have never worked with it.... It take a lot to get the clay moving to shape. I have about 20hrs into the clay underside and waxing.

Last edited by gbrettin; 02-11-2022 at 09:25 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote