View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 10:47 AM   #6696 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgXkk0TE3kQ

Just arrived at Yorkdale up the street from me. Might go look at it sometime this week.

It's crazy just how unchanged 90% of the car is from the 370z. Everything under the car looks unchanged aside form the exhaust. Plenty of the interior plastics are exactly the same, like the doors, everything behind the seats is exactly the same. Maybe even the inner plastic on the hatch. Basically they just updated that dash and center console and that's it.

The size of the fuel door is comical, they changed the body without changing the position of the fuel filler at all so I guess their options were make it huge or make it off center.
Shifter console shape has changed, but simply, the hazard button is moved in between center vents and the new hole is now occupied by starter switch. To me, it's done just for the sake of change. Nothing extraordinary.

The cup holder abomination is something to be desired. (9:25 of video) I have never seen something so stupid. I'm a very positive guy and usually give someone or something the benefit of the doubt. However, all doubt has been fully removed.

I like the dash but prefer the old analog, radial style gauges. They didn't make it a unique dash to the Z. It will be similarly shared with Juke and Murano et al. (vise steering wheel)

zz

Last edited by ZoomZ; 02-03-2022 at 10:49 AM.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote