View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 12:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
I have been contemplating and heavily leaning towards a platform switch to the, yep you guessed it, the Supra.

I am kind of growing bored of my heavily modified TT Z. And aftermarket support is still so weak for a boosted Z here in Australia.

If I want to keep the Z and just build the motor and trans for more power, I have to import everything from the states, $$ tons of cash down the drain just for shipping and import fees.

There is no reputable VQ37 motor/trans builder down here who knows all the ins and outs of the motor like SOHO, Dynosty or IPT etc. I would have to goto a random builder down here and hope for the best. Whereas with a Supra, I would only need a decent bolt on and tune upgrade to hit the 10s down a quarter, so much more simple otherwise I would keep the Z and build it.

Anyways, before I do it.

Where are all the boosted Z guys who have raced a modded and tuned Supra? Please tell me your story, how much pwr/tq your Z makes, what boosted kit you used and how did go against the modded/tuned Supra. I have seen a few youtube vids of this, but there doesn't seem to be many. The result seems they are quiet even or the Supra wins mostly.

Please share your stories of runs against the Supra. Thanks.
Dude, you have that much invested in your Z, sunk cost will be massive.

If you want an engine-builder, talk to Casey Engines in Melbourne. He has built multiple off-road VQ/HR engines that reliably make 700whp. Don;t think the Supra is going to be much different than your experience with your Z. There is plenty of expertise available.

PM me for contact details.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote