View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 07:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3/4" to 1.5" clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairprime View Post
Hey I am 6'2" as well. The single mount option offered by Z1 lowered the drivers seat by about 1.5" to 2" and the passenger even more(no slider). I'll measure the precise amount of clearance I currently have with the new mounts from Z1. I was using the planted mounts along with the Sparco Side rails. It seems to be lower to my view. The change in height is noticeable because I have to work a bit harder to see curb lines when turning sharper to avoid the potential for curbing my rims. I'll update this thread again shortly.
Ok guys, I have measured the clearance in the driver's seat with my helmet on and the race belts secured. I have about 1.5" clearance to the headliner from my helmet crown. For me this is about two fingers width. Depending on how I tilt my head forward or back it can drop to 3/4", still quite roomy for a track day appearance. I did not measure the passenger side for clearance but will update this thread with the same information as I have the helmet with me today. I expect it might be similar to the drivers side clearance. Details to follow.

What variety of pictures would you like. Let me know and I'll get them together.
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote