View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
DeusExMaxima
Base Member

Drives: 2010 red roadster
DeusExMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMaxima has a reputation beyond repute
Default 350Z Track edition wheels installed

I have long thought that one of the not so well known secrets to improving the 350z was the Track edition wheels offered around 2004. Made by Rays engineering, and look similar to Volk TE37, the rears are 18" x 8.5" and weigh a scant 18.6 lbs. Long ago I purchased 2 sets of these rims so that I could have a square set of rear wheels on the car. They can be had online for about $400 a set compared to about $3000 for the TE37s.

After a lot of research, I determined that the front wheels would fit just fine but the rear ones would need about 25 mm of offset to be at the stock position on the hub. Without a spacer, the rear wheels would be sunken in.

I purchased some spacers and installed them (making a really long story short) and installed the Track edition wheels. They collectively weigh about 40 lbs less than the base rims. Acceleration should be improved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phptXHgqkPM.jpg (76.8 KB, 17 views)
DeusExMaxima is offline   Reply With Quote