View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 07:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
herohaki
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Nismo MT
herohaki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
If you like your car to rotate some, you are going to be disappointed running just about any rear wing at 0 degrees with no front splitter. Increase the AOA and it will only get worse.

Your rear will feel planted but I guarantee you the understeer will make you soil yourself if you're not ready at a fast track like Big Willow, Fontana or even through a fast sweeper like Riverside at Buttonwillow...or for "the canyons are life" crowd you could find the edge of a cliff when you least expect it on a fast sweeper somewhere on ACH or GMR.

Pretty much every Z driver I've competed with that's run no splitter has regretted it. I also did it for a while during 2020 and the car feels much better with it on. But hey, do what you want it's your car and if you like a car that plows harder than the milkman on your mom, go for it.

As far as aero goes, I'd stay away from anything made by Street Faction, Battle Aero...etc. I don't know anything about the rumor that INGS is really just made by Voltex, I can tell you that Voltex doesnt necessarily put their stuff through much wind tunnel testing. However I can tell you that companies like INGS and C-West actually run their products on Z's in the Super Taikyu series.

So what's trackable? Depends on who you ask, some janky people run some janky @$$ things out there and it more or less works, most of the time...or some times your wing comes flying off down the front straight at Fontana (happened to a friend).

Also if you're looking for a splitter that fits the Nismo V1 bumper, I got that covered.

Thanks that's great info. I have the 15+ Nismo bumper. Might need to get something custom then if its that bad like you described. The companies I've talked to all told me that Ing and sunline which both race their cars have wings that are actually made by voltex. I know voltex does many things, I'm not sure if the wings really are the same or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
“But I don’t like how it looks”
I didn't know theres a problem with owners wanting their car to look the way they like but ok.

Last edited by herohaki; 01-18-2022 at 07:30 AM.
herohaki is offline   Reply With Quote