View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 10:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by herohaki View Post
Thanks for your input. I originally thought I'd need front aero with splitter on track but I don't know why I feel like my front has been doing fine and pretty planted at high speeds. Opposite to yours my rear has been floaty. If after a wing makes my front light maybe I'll look into a custom splitter that'll fit the Nismo bumper, I can't really find anything that looks nice and functional on the front.
If you like your car to rotate some, you are going to be disappointed running just about any rear wing at 0 degrees with no front splitter. Increase the AOA and it will only get worse.

Your rear will feel planted but I guarantee you the understeer will make you soil yourself if you're not ready at a fast track like Big Willow, Fontana or even through a fast sweeper like Riverside at Buttonwillow...or for "the canyons are life" crowd you could find the edge of a cliff when you least expect it on a fast sweeper somewhere on ACH or GMR.

Pretty much every Z driver I've competed with that's run no splitter has regretted it. I also did it for a while during 2020 and the car feels much better with it on. But hey, do what you want it's your car and if you like a car that plows harder than the milkman on your mom, go for it.

As far as aero goes, I'd stay away from anything made by Street Faction, Battle Aero...etc. I don't know anything about the rumor that INGS is really just made by Voltex, I can tell you that Voltex doesnt necessarily put their stuff through much wind tunnel testing. However I can tell you that companies like INGS and C-West actually run their products on Z's in the Super Taikyu series.

So what's trackable? Depends on who you ask, some janky people run some janky @$$ things out there and it more or less works, most of the time...or some times your wing comes flying off down the front straight at Fontana (happened to a friend).

Also if you're looking for a splitter that fits the Nismo V1 bumper, I got that covered.

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote