View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 07:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
herohaki
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Nismo MT
herohaki is on a distinguished road

I don't feel as planted in the rear in long straights (100+mph) and going into high speed corners. I'm still in process of tuning my suspension, I'm not running true, but I'd like to have a wing for both functionality + looks.

Just because I track with the car doesn't make it race car. The build is far from a race car and I'm trying to keep it away from a race car build. I'm only looking for a bit more downforce on the rear than stock nismo, not a ton of downforce from a giant racing wing because I know I'm not adding a big front splitter to balance that aero out, and like you said I don't think that looks good.

My research suggested a Voltex type 2 doesn't offer great amounts of downforce like a type 3 or some other giant big gt wings you see on dedicated track applications, with low mounts its not going to be anywhere close to those set ups. I've seen guys in Japan running a type 2 without front splitter and canards so I'm interested in this particular model. I contacted NLP already they can get me any wing I want but didn't really chime in on the differences.
herohaki is offline   Reply With Quote