View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 11:03 PM   #87 (permalink)
nasm
Base Member

Drives: 370z Sport A7 2014
nasm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
It's best to have a drive on lift. Makes it' easier to get to the links. If not, a set of ramps will do. Drive up the ramps. The tires CAN NOT be hanging. The cars weight HAS to be on them.

To start. Don't have any links installed in the bars. The other is installed. Drive the car a little to get the suspension to settle in. Drive on the lift or drive up the ramps. Start with the front. Set your first link about half way in it's adjustment range. Install it into the bar. Tighten down. Go to the other side. Adjust that link so that the bolt will slide into the bar easy. It will take a few tries to get it. Once that is done. Now you can install the nut and tighten. Now go to the rear and repeat.

Adjustments made after you do this will effect handling. You can preload the bars to change the handling. If you change the setting on one link. It will have an effect on the opposite corner of the car. For corner balancing. Besides adjusting the spring preload, and spring height. You can fine tune using the end links.
Very clear, however, FYI I just got the front swaybar, so I will just work on front one. for the rear I will leave the stock bar, hence, do I need to buy endlinks for the stock rear swaybar? and follow the procedure above?

Kindly advise.

regards,
NASM
A7 370z 2014 - Stillen Catback - Testpipes - UpRev - Dropin filters - Silicon intake pipes - BC racing coil overs - Z1 Subframe collars - Z1 Engine and Trans Mounts - Oil cooler - CatchCan - Z1 brake lines My track videos Here

Last edited by nasm; 01-15-2022 at 11:07 PM. Reason: re-writing the question
nasm is offline   Reply With Quote