View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 05:34 PM   #5187 (permalink)
eastwest2300
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '16QX70/'21 Supra3.0
eastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
I'm not sure how to take this. Last time I checked, this was still a free country, where people have the right to make decisions about things that affect their lives. Some people are fast to say 'my body, my choice' when it comes to allowing women access to abortions, but say 'you must get a shot you don't want, because we say so'. There is something wrong there.

I chose not to get the shot(s). Why? Because they are not really a 'vaccine'. They are just like the annual flu shot, they don't prevent you from getting the disease, they just lessen the effects. A true vaccine prevents you from getting the disease you are being innoculated against, like polio & smallpox. I don't get the annual flu shot either, I quit taking those in 1993, just before I retired from the Marines. We had to get the flu shot annually, and every year, I got sick with the flu. Since I've quit getting the shot, I've had the flu twice in 20+ years.

BTW, for the record, I did have the CCP disease in November. It was like have a bad case of the flu.
I agree with you 100%, I agree it should be your choice, we were mandated to get the shot, we didnt have a choice, it is what it is, if I had the choice, I would have gotten the shot..so really, im not mad about being told to get the shot