View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 04:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
SteveVQ
Base Member

Drives: '19 Camaro SS 6MT
SteveVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSteveVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSteveVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSteveVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSteveVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSteveVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSteveVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSteveVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSteveVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSteveVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSteveVQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveVQ View Post
Just to add my .02. Using Valvoline DOT4 Fluid. No issues with my spirited driving, clutch feel is solid, at WOT. Changed about 4 months ago. Should be noted I have heat insulation as well.

Been waiting for temps to drop a bit to go to the drag strip. That'll be the real test of how well this fluid will hold up to high temps. If I experience any sponge I'll be upgrading to MOTUL
Welp, got to go the track last Friday. Clutch fluid boiled like a mofo trying to hold revs at the tree or do a burnout before clutch stuck to the floor going into 2nd, pulled it up with my foot and babied it to the line with a 22.02

Smelled bad, checked reservoir, fluid was clear and full

Last 2 runs of the night I left on idle and no burn out. 2.2 crap 60fts Clutch was fine. Ran a 13.6 @106 and then a 13.4 @ 106 and it was hot lapped.

I sure would like to hold my revs at 2.5 to 3k and rip out of the hole without boiling the fluid. These leave on idle 2.2 60fts aren't going to help me touch 12's. I need to be able to launch this fuqr.

Guess a SS line and some Motul RBF 600 is next.

Last edited by SteveVQ; 01-12-2022 at 08:16 PM.
SteveVQ is offline   Reply With Quote