View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 09:24 AM   #5056 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
They messed up the estimate and are now telling me that the shop has to submit a supplement for the changes. The kicker is that they will only send supplement payments directly to the shop. The problem is I have already sourced and paid for most of the parts, so the insurance payment for the cost of the parts needs to be paid directly to me, not the shop. I'm pretty sure the shop will work with me; just more of a hassle than it should be.
Typical for insurance companies. When my 2012 was in the shop, the adjuster was out in Colby KS, which is as far away from KC as you can get and still be in KS.

The book says that if a front fender or front bumper is repaired & painted, the hood has to be painted at the same time. The moronic adjuster said 'we aren't paying for that'. He never came out to look at the car. I had to raise hell with my agent to get it all covered. I got a survey from the insurance company after it was all done and they got 1's across the board. The adjuster no longer works for them. I fired the insurance company at the same time.