View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 07:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
2.2Lude
Base Member

Drives: 12 Infiniti G37s 6MT
2.2Lude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
I'm sorry that's ********. You can't post in the track section asking for advice about suspension and then NOT get SPL stuff because you're worried about cost comfort. The only reason not to use the best arms available is if you're in a racing series that specifically prohibits it

YOU CAN TOTALLY DAILY A CAR WITH SPL ARMS - i dont know where the stupid assumption that adding spherical arms will suddenly make your car unlivable come from

spring rate/damping and tires have a far bigger effect on how your car will feel

your sensibilities are way too soft. if you want a car that actually is trackworthy, get over your ******** and do it right
without proper alignment capability, you're wasting your ******* time

why bother coming here asking for help if you're gonna turn it all down because you wanna half *** this ****? Why are you wasting money on track time at all if you aren't even going to do something as simple a real coilovers and alignment?

this is sad
Not sure why you are soo worked up.
Read my replies I'm clearly not "asking for advice and turning it all down". Slapping everything SPL on to my car isn't going to magically solve my issues.
Of'course there is a cost to benefit factor everyone has to consider. I mean I guess if $$ isn't an issue then yeah by all means go nuts with some JRZ's or other high end suspension system.

Aside from the FUCA's I can achieve my desired alignment spec's with the cars factory equipment.

Nearly any set of FUCA's will get me to my desired -2.5 degree's of camber up front. I understand the drawbacks to non-SPL or Voodoo arms and those compromises are ones I'm willing to live with for a car that see's daily duties and 10ish track days a year. I'm not competing or building a race car, just something that is comfortable for me on the street with enough track-ability to help me improve as a driver.

In the rear my ride height doesn't necessitate any additional arms or SPC toe bolts to get to the spec's I want. Yes eccentric bolts aren't the most reliable and can slip, I'm aware of that. In the future if I find my alignment changing I'll address it. For now I've not had any issues.

It is your opinion but I'm not wasting my time/money on seat time just because I'm not willing to go SPL everything and switch coilovers. I'm very open to switching coilovers, upping my current rates, or going to back to the stock set up in order to identify and solve my problem.

In any case if you think I'm wasting my time and yours please see yourself out of this thread.
2.2Lude is offline   Reply With Quote