View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 05:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
2.2Lude
Base Member

Drives: 12 Infiniti G37s 6MT
2.2Lude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
You need more spring up front rear okay, get some trackable coilovers. If you are running r compound tires you need to shoot for tire pressures between 34 and 36 hot. Your ride height should be within an 3/4 of OEM. Get all SPL suspension components as mentioned. Camber in the rear is okay and you need at minimum -2.5 up front. As was mentioned, the brake pads you are using are very aggressive and should only be used with r compound tires or slicks. Xp 10 and 8 are just fine. I ran them on my boosted Z with r compound tires even when I got to HPDE 4 and was carrying some speed.

If all else fails or you don't have the money to get your suspension setup properly, go back stock or close as possible. Then change one significant component at a time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Bumping up the tire pressure up front did help so I feel like more front spring or bar would also help but I don't want to be chasing my tail. I want to add more negative camber upfront(-2.5) to help tire wear but It will just give me more traction up front relative to rear making my current oversteer issue worse.

I was originally wanted to go with the R10/R8 combo but the Z1 guys said while those compounds worked well for the Z, they weren't enough for the heavier G. Might need to step back down.

The "best" tires that I'll put on this car will a 200tw "cheater tire". Something like a RS4 or N'ferra. No R compounds are in the plans for this car.
2.2Lude is offline   Reply With Quote