View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maldat
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Z34 40th Manual
Maldat has a reputation beyond reputeMaldat has a reputation beyond reputeMaldat has a reputation beyond reputeMaldat has a reputation beyond reputeMaldat has a reputation beyond reputeMaldat has a reputation beyond reputeMaldat has a reputation beyond reputeMaldat has a reputation beyond reputeMaldat has a reputation beyond reputeMaldat has a reputation beyond reputeMaldat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
I think New Zealand uses RON.

I think it's a common misunderstanding that other countries use higher octane fuel due to the similarity of the nomenclature.

When I first came to the US, I was surprised too. Now I know.
Yes RON sounds about right ..

91 is the lowest grade here
Its all No Lead now ...(yes was problems with older cars when they took lead out)

I think in Japan all Fairladys run on 100 as that's what they mostly sell so Im lead to believe ..

Has been court cases here where people buy a Jap import car like a Z then run it on 91 and wonder why the engine fails ,, They take car yard to court because they didn't tell them 98 only . .and person who brought the car loses most times but sometimes they get a refund on car or new engine

must add my Honda powered water blaster will not run on 91.. just stalls, tip it out use 98 and its fine ..
Maldat is offline   Reply With Quote