Thread: Race Ramp users
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Personally, I would not feel comfortable doing that without a spotter to keep an eye on the cribs during the process.

Also, are you planning to jack the front up using the pinch rails? You won't be able to access the center jack point with a floor jack when the rear is lifted.

With all four wheels on the ground I have to drive one front wheel onto a short piece of 2x6 or larger laid flat to get the clearance I need to access the front jack point and lift the whole front end at once.
Thank JAR. I realized what the issue would be after I walked away for a few hours. I won't be able to jack front up.

I agree, all in all, a risky proposition.

My alternative is to use my quick jack to lift and then lower onto wheel cribs. I wouldn't be doing alone. Only issue may be QJ doesn't like to lift or lower without a load.

Its a small distance, so I think it should be ok.

Reason i'm doing is, i need weight on wheels but access to under car.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote