View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
MotorvateDIY
Base Member

Drives: G37 Sport
MotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update: Air/Fuel ratio, Coolant & Oil temp PLUS Oil Pressure DIY Display

I have a small update....
I now have a working prototype of a small multi-gauge display that*displays engine coolant temp, engine oil temp, current air/fuel ratio and engine oil pressure.

I know the 370z has an oil temp gauge, but I have a G37 and I wanted to know how hot it gets. I can replace this item with fuel pressure, ethanol content, differential oil temp or data from any other sensor. (digital or analog)

Only an engine oil pressure sensor is needed. All the other data is from the car's CAN bus or OBD requests.

PLUS with the engine oil pressure sensor being connected to the "Bluetooth sensor server" there is now no need to route a few wires through the dash. For those that have done this, you know it is not a quick or easy task. The magic of Bluetooth solves this problem.

Here is a short video showing it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92KAciDdKHM

The next step is to design the circuit board, get a few made and do more testing.
MotorvateDIY is offline   Reply With Quote