Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 01:40 AM   #1023 (permalink)
ZPWR
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z Sport
ZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
I'm not going to really read over the previous 70ish pages but is this issue related to when ecu sees full accelerator pedal position but delays opening of the throttle bodies? Noticed that happening in my ecutek logs before, didn't really feel it but there was for sure a delay between the two.
Generally that's the idea. It's an inherent issue with the pedal position sensor relative to the ECU's time to process the voltage signal inputs. ie. gas pedal pressed at like 50% to the floor as input and ECU translates it as about 10% output. Which can definitely affect throttle body plate actuation at low revs. Which would contradict the purpose of VVEL. Until recently I was told that the throttle plates ARE NOT fully open at low revs. Why this isn't an issue at high rev ranges i'd have to guess it's something to do with VVEL also.

Couple that with a very common and highly debated topic of heatsoak with the VQ37VHR due to high IATs and heat radiation from the engine bay exacerbates this issue even more.

Turning VDC off helps a little bit but not much.

On a good note. Contacted my local tuner that regularly tunes 370z with Uprev. They say most of the gas pedal delay is gone by tweaking the throttle maps with the standard tune (opening up the power band at low-mid RPM ranges) plus multiple modes. But they confirm it is still there albeit less noticeable.

Last edited by ZPWR; 12-21-2021 at 02:19 AM.
ZPWR is offline   Reply With Quote