View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 08:41 PM   #366 (permalink)
Mr.K
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370z Nismo
Mr.K is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdiev View Post
Not sure if this graph will help any one out. My tuner was was a bit unfamiliar of how to bleed off boost on this setup. Took four tries before he got it figured out.This was on 93 and as you can see the S/C appears to kick in at about 3700 or so.he had a boost cut at 15 psi and was getting it dial in at about 9.5. So first four runs peak boost of 15 psi at about 5500 to 5700 rpm.Last run was finally at 9.5psi.

Guys please keep in mine that when you are getting on it your cars rpm will drop down to 5000 to 5500 hundred depending on the gear.So Any power behind that is something you will never really use unless your in first gear.This is where you guys with rev match transmission can shine because of boost by gear. No boost on first gear would be great because who can really run 600whp in that gear without spinning. Unless you have a killer setup. Anyway everyone has different goals so come the different views. Hopefully this graph helps on how this efficient this kit is. Almost forgot the whp is predictable with more psi but we noticed the torque curve hold way longer(doesn't drop off)throughout the powerband.

I think it depends on how you use your car as you stated. Some guys don't see the lower RPMs but some like myself love to use the entire powerband. So for someone like your self the lower RPMs might not matter as much. Around corners and digs are where the lower RPMs shine. You'll definitely need more grip, better traction and suspension to put the power down .
Mr.K is offline   Reply With Quote