View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 10:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
sirnixalot
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond repute

I semi solved it. It’s the door lock mechanism inside the latch. It moves too far in one direction and does not allow the door handle mechanism to engage with the latch cam. Until the new to me door latch arrives I have unplugged the connector that would trigger the door lock mechanism and disconnected the drivers side manual lock cable.

How did I even get to this point you ask, since my door was closed. I cannot take a picture with the kind of accuracy required.

If you find yourself in this predicament, roll the window down, pry the inside window seal out, position your brightest flashlight pointing down the window opening at the B pillar.

You will make out a door latch mechanism halfway down and you will see a lever that a cable is attached to. I had to push on this with a welding rod aka coat hanger while opening the door with either inside or outside handle.

I found the tension of me pushing on the cable/latch connection point with the welding rod while providing counter tension with the door handle opened the door.

This did not work 100% of the time but it was successful enough for me to avoid taking my plasma cutter to the door. I apologize if none of that makes sense but I guarantee it will when your experience it.