View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #6077 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
Dad did a 'strawman' purchase. He bought the gun for Junior as a 'Christmas present'. Junior is an unqualified person, per the current regulations (all gun laws are infringements). Firearm was unsecured in a bedside table and Junior had been busted for searching 'ammo' during school hours. Parents refused to remove Junior from school because of 'concerns'. Kid unloads on other students less than 2 hours after 'meeting'. They all need to fry.
A lot of more info has come out after I made that post. Parents definitely need to be held responsible. I bet they were "not my son" parents, never believing the red flags people were pointing out. This tragedy could have been prevented. So many missed opportunities by the parents and school to catch him before it happened. I'm still scratching my head on why the school didn't search his bag after seeing that note. A note like that, with his history, in the late 90s, even before Columbine, would have gotten his stuff searched at my high school. People being too worried about hurting peoples feelings cause a lot more issues than it solves.

I do feel that the parents need to be held responsible in some way but I'm not sure involuntary manslaughter charges are appropriate. In another discussion I was in some one brought up what if the shooter had used a knife or a car? Some people were saying the only reason that the parents were charged because a gun was used. Some lawyers are saying the parents have been over charged and this might cause them to not be convicted. Now the parents running doesn't help their case and that was very stupid of them. Kind of points to them not making wise decisions.

Just a thought, my dad bought me a pistol while I was in high school. I never had direct control over it and my dad was careful to keep all the guns locked up. Parents buying pistols for their underage kids is not a new thing and not irresponsible. Ignoring the signs that your kid might have issues and buying him a gun anyway, then not securing it is irresponsible.