View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 09:16 PM   #4914 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
When they pull your engine apart out of curiosity ask them if the head studs were loose. I've seen it happen with plenty of arp lube and torqued to 95lbs after a couple hundred miles they loosen up, no one has been able to really give me a straight up answer as to why that happens. ARP claims you don't need to retorque them after the first heat cycle, and honestly very few people probably do considering the amount of work required to do so.
Not sure what the torque setting of the headstuds were. I would think they were set higher than 95 ft/lbs. But that is info that is keep close by the builder. We won't know their process or their TQ settings. Not something that is given out.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote