View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 04:22 PM   #6042 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Not trying to stir things up, this is more about curiosity and meaningful discussion.
With firearms/2A comes self defense and the legal use of firearms.

There has been some very dramatic views on this, even with like minded people.

What are you guys' thoughts on the Chad Read shooting in Texas?

It's hard to separate the moral and legal side of this shooting especial considering the whole thing started with a child visitation issue. I have seen men broken over mothers playing games with child visitation. We could sit here for hours talking about how broken our family court systems are but lets keep this to the shooting.

TBH I initially thought Kyle Carruth was not justified and it was murder. Now I think he was legally justified but on the moral side of the things was wrong. Hindsight is 20/20, I wonder if I would have taken the shot.

Think about it this way. A guy, rightfully or not, yelling at my girlfriend would not leave my property after being told to leave. When I get my gun, which is legal for me to do, and tell the guy to leave again, he gets in my face and physically makes bodily contact with me saying "You better use it mother fucker or I'll take it and use it on you.". He touches my gun which causes me to shoot a round at his feet. (TBH this might have been a ND due to the scuffle). Then the guy grabs my gun and tries to take it away from me but end up flinging me off of my porch. FYI In Texas the porch of a house is considered part of the house/domicile. He squares up and looks like he is about to charge me. In fear for my life and the safety of others, I shoot him ending the threat.

Could you honestly say you wouldn't have shot him?

I can't help but think, what if they had been strangers?
What if it comes out that Chad Read was abusive and violent person?
What would have happened if Read had been able to get control of Carruth's gun?

What are you guys' thoughts on this?