View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 08:37 AM   #5718 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
Preventative maintenance is the key.

OEM cabin filter.
2 OEM engine air filters.
Oil change using Nissan 5W-30 ester engine oil, OEM oil filter and crush washer.
Installed new parking light bulbs for each headlamp which were OEM.

I also installed all three heater hoses which were OEM. The heater hose clamp for the right side where it goes on the coolant pipe on the back side of the head was kind of tough to get to. Remove your strut bar and engine cover for better access.

Now, for all you nervous freaking Nellys worrying about how to fill your cooling system, read on.

As I'm sure you guessed it I had to drain my coolant before installing my new heater hoses. Once I got them installed I closed the drain plug on the radiator which requires a Phillips screwdriver and then proceeded to remove the left hand side air filter housing. This is necessary to remove the radiator air bleed plug which requires a Phillips screwdriver to remove and tighten. Start by slowly filling your radiator and ensure the O - ring on the air bleed plug is lubricated with clean engine coolant. Once coolant starts coming out of the air bleed plug hole quickly put the air bleed plug in and tighten it. Then, continue to slowly fill the radiator until the coolant is above the top of the upper radiator hose. Once that is done put the radiator cap on and check the level in your plastic reservoir. Add as necessary.

Now start your car leaving the plastic reservoir cap off and let the car get up to operating temperature. Turn the heat on and make sure the T - stat opens up by feeling your lower hose. Once this happens. Check and correct the coolant level in the plastic reservoir and put the cap on. Road test the vehicle a few miles and then return to the shop. Check and correct the fluid in your plastic reservoir. You're done.

What was the reason for changing out the hoses to the heater core? Are those known to break down over time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote