View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojoryu View Post
Well, I think I made a pretty stupid mistake. When I was turning the motor over by hand to time it, I didnt use the pulley or a spacer, I just put the bolt directly into the crankshaft. When I went to pull the bolt out after timing it I noticed it was a little tough coming out. And now it wants to bind up going back it after a few turns. I ordered a new bolt, but my fear is that I damaged the threads in the crankshaft. I assume I can chase the threads if that's the case but it's not something I have any experience with. Any suggestions?
Been there and done that before a long time ago. Chase it with a bottom tap with the correct thread pitch. Problem solved.
Spooler is online now   Reply With Quote